Ecology Australia has an excellent knowledge of environmental legislation and policy
- EPBC Referrals
- State-based legislation and policy
- Environmental Effects Statement (EES/SEE)
- Native vegetation removal (No Net Loss)
- Offset Management Plans (Biobanking)
- Environmental Significance Overlay (ESO) review and development
- Native Vegetation Precinct Structure Plans
- Conservation Management Plans (CMPs)
- Environmental Management Plans (EMPs)
- Expert witness
The interpretation and application of environmental legislation and policy is essential in relation to most developments, and forms an important part of our work.
The team at Ecology Australia has a thorough understanding of federal and state environmental legislation, enabling us to provide Clients with reliable and independent advice.
We continually work to stay abreast of changing policy and regulation, and a number of our staff have contributed to the development of federal and state policy and biodiversity management guidelines, as well as provided expert input into strategic conservation planning, action plans and National Recovery Plans.
For local governments, we are frequently requested to formulate Shire policy and planning scheme guidelines for environmental management, which includes the development of overlay controls. To complement this work, we provide specialist GIS services to produce high-quality spatial datasets.
Ecology Australia also has extensive experience with the preparation of Expert Witness Statements for panel, tribunal and court hearings, and we have represented a wide variety of Clients, for large, complex and high-profile developments.